HuMa Indonesia (HuMa) is a non-governmental non-profit that focuses its programs and activities on efforts to strengthen the rights of local communities/indigenous peoples over their natural resources through legal education, advocacy of policy change, documenting conflicts and the spread of information through the production of books, bulletins, website, CDs, and posters. HuMa currently working in various regions in Indonesia and in collaboration with a number of partners in the region.
We are currently looking for an energetic and “young” people who is passionate, positive and progressive, who loves challenges of working in very dynamic social and legal issues such as forest policies, law reform, and empowerment of human resources through better understanding of law.
Position/Title: PROGRAM COORDINATOR.
Status: Permanent with renewal contract each year (12 months), including 3 (three) months of probationary period, and performance-based extension.
- The minimum education is Bachelor Degree in Law (S1).
- Knowledgeable in the field of law, particularly pertaining to natural resources, indigenous peoples and peasants.
- Ability to manage multiple programs.
- At least 10 years of working experience or 6 years for applicants with Master Degree (S2) educational background.
- Oral and written communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team, and ability to work under pressure (deadlines).
- Willing to travel to the region of HuMa’s partners (in West Sumatra, West Java and Banten, Central Java, West Kalimantan, Central Sulawesi, South Sulawesi, and other areas).
- Ability to communicate in English, active and passive.
- Ability to leverage advocacy through working in and maintaining networks.
- Two reference letters as attachments.
Applications close on September 18th, 2015.